Symmerty and a refined, streamlined manipulation of the neoclassical idiom distinguish this stately brick house situated at the crest of a gently sloping hill. Mr. and Mrs. William Muirhead had the house built between 1936 and 1938 according to plans ordered from the New York Times. These plans were modified by Durham architect George Watts Carr, St., who also served as the Muirhead's supervising architect. A dentilled cornice runs around the base of the parapet of the central block from which one-story wings extend, oriented more toward the rear of the house. A short parapet rises above the cornice to conceal the base of the raised seam copper hipped roof. An austere stone entrance surround with a dentilled cornice and Doric quarter columsat the corners markes the main facade. A two-story grille of glass blocks composes the central entrance bay of the rear facade.
On the market in April 2014 for a cool million.