1210 RUFFIN ST.

1210 RUFFIN ST.

1210
,
Durham
NC
/ Demolished in
1945-1947
Architectural style: 
Neighborhood: 
Type: 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

Comments

1210
,
Durham
NC
/ Demolished in
1945-1947
Architectural style: 
Neighborhood: 
Type: 

 

03.08.2000 - Photo by survey volunteers for Historic Preservation Society of Durham (now Preservation Durham)

Part of the rapid development of this eastern edge of Trinity Park near South Ellerbe Creek in the years immediately after World War II, the first owner and occupant of this house appears to have been Henry D. Harris.  Married to Grace H. Harris, Henry was a longtime manager at Colonial Furniture near Five Points downtown.  The house belonged to Mrs. Harris until 1992.

Add new comment