122-124 EAST PARRISH

/sites/default/files/images/2007_7/100EParrish_S_1940s.jpg/sites/default/files/images/2007_7/100SParrish_1940s.jpg/sites/default/files/images/2007_7/100EastParrish_W_1960s.jpg/sites/default/files/images/2007_7/100EParrish_S_1980.jpg/sites/default/files/images/2007_7/112EParrish_2007.jpg

122-124 EAST PARRISH

122-124
,
Durham
NC
Built in
1910-1925
/ Modified in
1970-1980
Neighborhood: 
Type: 
Use: 

Comments

  • Submitted by Bryson Aldridge on Friday, April 5, 2013 - 10:45am

    122 East Parrish has been occupied by the law firm of Stubbs, Cole, Breedlove, Prentis and Biggs since 1979. Stubbs Cole is Durham's oldest continuously practicing law firm established in 1932.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Wed, 09/07/2011 - 11:16pm by gary

Comments

122-124
,
Durham
NC
Built in
1910-1925
/ Modified in
1970-1980
Neighborhood: 
Type: 
Use: 

 

Some blocks are just really, really hard to put together a sequence of images for - the south side of the 100 block of East Parrish St. is one of those.

Below is one of the few views of the block face, with 108 East Parrish clearly visible, and the remaining structures rather fuzzy.


Looking east, 1940.

Another view of the block, from a colorized postcard, shows the block face, albeit without much detail.

The "Oriental" - one of Durham's earliest Asian restaurants, was established in this block during the 1940s.


Looking west from the 200 block of East Parrish at night, early 1960s.
(Courtesy The Herald Sun)

Probably during the 1970s, 122-124 E Parrish appears to have been re-faced with new brick, but, from studying the aerials, seems to be the same building.


Looking east, 1980


122 East Parrish, looking southeast, 2007.

122 East Parrish houses a law firm, CBP, which also owns the large surface parking lot on the northwest corner of Church and Main Sts.

Comments

122 East Parrish has been occupied by the law firm of Stubbs, Cole, Breedlove, Prentis and Biggs since 1979. Stubbs Cole is Durham's oldest continuously practicing law firm established in 1932.

Add new comment