From the National Register Historic District description:
This one-story, hip-roofed Ranch house is six bays wide and double-pile with a wide, projecting, hip-roofed wing on the left (northwest) end of the façade. The house has a painted brick veneer, deep eaves, vinyl windows, and an interior brick chimney. A solid wood door with three horizontal lights is located near the center of the façade, has glass block sidelights, and is sheltered by an inset porch supported by a decorative metal post on the right (southeast) end of the projecting, hip-roofed wing. Near the center of the hip-roofed wing is a glass block window and windows on the left end of the wing wrap around the corner. County tax records date the house to 1953 and the earliest known occupants are Frank McCrea, one of the first African American police detectives, and his wife, Louise T. McCrea, an administrative assistant at NC Mutual Life Insurance Company, in 1955.