03.08.2000 - Photo by survey volunteers for Historic Preservation Society of Durham (now Preservation Durham)
Part of the rapid development of this eastern edge of Trinity Park near South Ellerbe Creek in the years immediately after World War II, the first owner and occupant of this house appears to have been Ralph F. Grissom. He and his wife Margaret E. Grissom are listed in city directories as the residents from at least 1947-1960. Ralph Grissom is listed as a foreman at Ligget and Myers tobacco.
Allen F. Browning and his wife Lynda were the owners of 1304 Ruffin for much of the 1960s. Property records indicate the home belonged to Marie Olive Hill from 1974 until the early 1990s.