(Below in italics is from the 2010 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, side-gabled duplex is four-bays wide and four pile with a full-width, rear gable and a full-width, shed-roofed addition behind the gable. It is symmetrical in massing with a projecting gabled entrance centered on the façade. The porch is supported by brick arches on each side and a pair of brick arches on the front with a brick knee wall dividing the porch in half. The house has a brick veneer throughout and two central brick chimneys. It retains six-over-six wood windows on the side elevations, but has replacement vinyl windows on the façade and modern, hollow-core exterior metal doors. Side entrances have gabled hoods with exposed eaves and are accessed by unpainted wood stairs. The shed-roofed rear addition is cinderblock and has an entrance on the right (east) side.
The house does not appear on the 1937 Sanborn map; the earliest known occupants are William A. Salmon (treasurer-manager, Citizens Coal & Coke Company) with his wife Katherine N., and Edward C. Vandenburgh (student) with his wife Margaret in 1940.