This was the home of George and Lovie Tate in 1926, who ran a confectionery around the corner at 403 Bailey. The confectionery was next door to another candy store at 405 Bailey, owned by Tate's neighbor John Mayo who lived directly across the street at 1405 Humphrey, or as it was known then, Glenn. The two neighbors did not own the candy stores at the same time however.
By the 1940s, George Tate was working as a janitor at the Elks Club and lived around the corner on Eric Street. Elmore Mangum was residing at 1406 Glenn in 1943.