This one-story, front-gabled Minimal Traditional house is five bays wide and triple-pile with a side-gabled wing with a porch on the north elevation and a side-gabled wing extending from the south elevation. The house has a brick and stucco foundation, aluminum siding, an interior brick chimney, and an exterior brick chimney on the northeast corner. It has replacement vinyl windows throughout with vinyl shutters on the facade. The projecting, front-gabled entrance bay has a replacement door on the left and a four-light, round window on the right. A low stone retaining wall extends along the front of the property and along the driveway on the north side of the house. The earliest known occupant is D. Fuller Spaulding (clerk, N C Mutual Life Insurance Company) in 1930.
According to longtime neighborhood residents, 1501 Lincoln Street, now a vacant lot, was once a formal English garden planted by D. Fuller Spaulding. It is currently overgrown.