This one-story symmetrical brick duplex is four bays wide and four-pile with a flat roof behind a brick parapet with terra cotta coping. An exterior brick chimney on the façade has granite block detailing and appears to have been re-built at the top. The structure features square granite blocks above each bay on the façade. Brick soldier courses form a frieze across the parapet and headers over the door and window openings. The building has replacement doors and windows throughout. Inset front porches on the front corners are supported by a single square brick post on a brick knee wall with concrete cap. The building is accessed by brick steps, stone walks, and a shared brick stair to the street. There are interior brick chimneys at the rear corner of each unit, adjacent to a rear entrance with a brick stoop and stair with brick knee walls. Asa T. Spaulding likely lived in the duplex while he built his home across the street. The earliest known occupants are Asa T. Spaulding and John E. Payne (clerk) in 1935.