From the National Register Historic District description:
This one-story, side-gabled Ranch house retains high material integrity with a brick veneer and original two-over-two horizontal-pane wood-sash windows throughout. The house is four bays wide and double-pile with flush eaves and triangular vents on the gable ends and an interior brick chimney. A replacement door is located in a recessed entrance bay and has a classical surround with fluted pilasters. It is sheltered by the eaves of the roof, supported by decorative metal posts. The bay to the left (south) of the entrance projects slightly, flush with the roof eaves, and has a four-light picture window flanked by two-over-two windows. City directories note that the house was “under construction in 1951 and 1952. The earliest known occupants are Joseph A. Pittman, a teacher at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University), and his wife, Josie M. Pittman. A neighbor notes that the house was occupied for a long time by a Mr. Dyre, police officer, and later his daughter Francis Dyre, a state attorney.