From the National Register Historic District description:
Typical of Ranch houses of the 1950s, this one-story house has an elongated form with a five- bay-wide façade and low-sloped hipped roof with prowed gables. The house has a brick veneer, interior brick chimney, louvered vents in the gables, and vinyl windows. Original twenty-light picture windows on the right (northeast) end of the façade and rear (northwest) elevation are each flanked by stacked metal-frame awning windows. To the left (southwest) of the picture window is a replacement door, inset slightly, with an original wide, three-light sidelight. The left three bays of the façade project slightly under a hipped roof. The right elevation retains two groups of stacked, metal-frame awning windows flanking a centered entrance. The front two bays are sheltered by a hip-roofed porch supported by square posts and enclosed with screens. Below the porch is a basement-level garage and there is a second basement-level garage at the rear of the right elevation, both with wide overhead doors accessed from Pekoe Avenue. The site slopes significantly to the rear to reveal a full basement level on the rear elevation with an entrance near its center that is sheltered by a shed roof on diagonal braces. An entrance near the north end of the main level of this elevation is accessed by a staircase leading to a shallow screened porch under a hipped roof. County tax records date the building to 1955 and the earliest known occupants are Maceo A. Sloan, associate agency director at NC Mutual Life Insurance Company, and his wife, Charlotte K. Sloan, in 1960.