(Text below in italics is from the Holloway Street District NR listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Large in scale, but simple in detail, this two-story house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a large hipped roof, hipped front dormer, and projecting two-story wing on the south side of the house. The house is sheathed with wood weatherboards and has an asphalt-shingled roof and replacement brick foundation. Brick chimneys have been removed. The home is undergoing renovations, but retains original two-over-two wood windows throughout with two-over-one windows on the front of the first floor. The first-floor windows have pointed-arched wood surrounds decorated with scrollwork above each window. A hip-roofed porch wraps around the front and right (south) side of the house. The brick porch foundation has been replaced and the posts and rails are currently missing. The house stands on high ground above the street and has a white stone retaining wall running along the sidewalk. Tax records indicate that the house was constructed in 1912. However, W. C. Warren is the first known resident in 1924; his widow still lived there in 1929.
The structure appears on the 1913 Sanborn map as 308 North Elizabeth St. However, it was only a single story structure at that time. By 1937, the structure had been expanded with a second story. In 1915, William E. Byrd and Hubert R. Byrd of Byrd and Bryan (grocers @ 105 W. Parrish) are listed living in the house. In 1919, Alson F. Nicholson is listed as living the the house.
10.18.13 (G. Kueber)