This two-story house stands above Ottawa Avenue on a high lot overlooking the street. The house is three bays wide and double-pile with a hipped roof, barely visible from the street, and a front gable. It has a stuccoed brick foundation, vinyl siding over wood weatherboards, vinyl soffits and eaves over a wide wood fascia board, and an asphalt-shingled roof with an interior brick chimney. Most windows are boarded or missing, but several one-over-one vinyl windows can be seen on the second story. The original front door, a one-pane over three-panel solid wood door, remains. A one-story, hip-roofed front porch is supported by tapered wood columns and pilasters and has a replacement rail. Concrete and brick steps run from the street level up to the porch of the house.
The first known residents are Kenneth Royster (clerk) and Mrs. Virginia Royster in 1915.