1937 Sanborn Map (Sanborn Map Co.)
509 Mallard Avenue (formerly Markham Street) was built in the early 20th century as a store/dwelling. In 1939, it was the Markham Street Grocery.
1959 CD: Jesse Howell / Memorial Chapel of the First Baptist Church
The building was torn down 1998-1999, and the lot remained vacant until 2013.
In 2013, Minerva Properties moved 405 Swift Avenue from its previous location to this site and began work to restore the house.
10.22.13 (G. Kueber)