This one-story, hip-roofed bungalow is four bays wide and double-pile with a hip-roofed rear ell. The house and foundation are painted brick and the house has two interior brick chimneys and wide overhangs. Originally a T-shaped plan with a wraparound porch around the front three sides, the side portions of the porch have been enclosed and, along with the hip-roofed dormer, have wood siding. The house has fourover-one, double-hung windows on the brick part and one-over-one, double-hung windows on the frame sections. The engaged front porch is supported by three wide, brick columns. The house is nearly identical in form and detail to the building at 603 Dupree. The earliest known occupant is Edward Lloyd (houseman) in 1930. Early deeds indicate that the house was sold by the North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company in 1943, indicating that the Mutual (or one of its real estate subsidiaries) likely erected the house.