(Below in italics is from the Holloway District NR listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
The Joseph Shipp House is a typical one-story, triple-A-roofed house, three bays wide and singlepile. It is plain in detail with German-profile weatherboards, cornerboards, boxed eaves, wide fascia boards, and rectangular gable vents. The brick pier foundation has been stuccoed throughout and filled in with German-profile siding on the west side. The house has an asphaltshingled roof and the hip-roofed front porch has been altered with replacement posts, rails, anddecking. Original windows have been replaced with smaller, one-over-one vinyl windows and the front door is a modern replacement. Two one-story gabled ells extend parallel to each other from the rear of the house terminating at a partially enclosed shed-roofed porch. The earliest known resident is Joseph Shipp (bookkeeper, Edgar E. Thompson) in 1907. Shipp is listed as a police officer from 1915 to 1919 and a timekeeper for the City Water Department in 1929. He remained in the house through 1939.