This one-story, three-bay, double-pile house has a vernacular form with Queen Anne detailing. The house features a ridge running the width of the house that is intersected by two front gables creating an H-shaped ridgeline. The gables each have imbricated shingles, gable returns, and rectangular gable vents. The house has a brick foundation and an interior brick chimney. It is sheathed in German-profile wood siding with a wide, flat friezeboard and has a standing-seam metal roof. Exterior doors and windows are replacements, but the overall form and detail of the house is in keeping with turn-of-the-century Queen Anne architecture. A hip-roofed porch runs the width of the façade and wraps around the house to the left (east) side, terminating at a projecting gable wing at the rear-left side of the house. The porch roof is supported by square, replacement posts with replacement rails between. However, a single turned pilaster remains on the west end of the porch. The house stands above the road and is accessed by concrete stairs with a concrete retaining wall running along the sidewalk.
The earliest known residents are Dwight Petty (weaver), Isaac Petty (farmer), Miss Ada Petty, and Miss Alma Petty in 1907/08. Arthur H. Hall (bookkeeper) lived in the house from 1919 to 1939.