This one-story, hip-roofed house is three bays wide and triple-pile with low gables on the side elevations and on the right end of the façade. There is a projecting, hip-roofed bay on the left end of the façade, a hip-roofed rear ell on the northwest corner and a shed-roofed block east of the rear ell. The house has a brick pier foundation with concrete-block curtain wall, aluminum siding, and three interior chimneys. The pressed metal shingle roof has been recently replaced with asphalt shingles. Two-over-two, double-hung wood sash windows have vinyl shutters. A six-panel wood door with a three-light-over-one-panel sidelight is centered on the façade. The full-width, hip-roofed front porch has a standing seam metal roof, replacement metal posts, a wood railing, and a concrete floor. The earliest known occupant is James K. Borland in 1925; Borland worked in a meat store on Fayetteville Street and by 1940 had moved next door to 609 Linwood. County tax records indicate a 1925 construction date, though the form and materials indicate an earlier construction.