616 W. CHAPEL HILL ST.

TuckerMotorCompany_1953.jpg

616 W. CHAPEL HILL ST.

616
,
Durham
NC
Built in
1944-1946
/ Demolished in
1967
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Neighborhood: 
Type: 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Fri, 04/11/2014 - 3:14pm by gary

Location

United States
35° 59' 49.7796" N, 78° 54' 41.616" W
US

Comments

616
,
Durham
NC
Built in
1944-1946
/ Demolished in
1967
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Neighborhood: 
Type: 

 

TuckerMotorCompany_1953.jpg

1953 (Herald-Sun)

It appears that the Tucker Motor Company was built on the site of Sam and Elizabeth Tucker's large home at 616 West Chapel Hill Street. Elizabeth Tucker is noted in the city directory as resident at the site in 1943, along with F. Emerson Tucker. In 1947, she is living at 1407 West Pettigrew Street (the original address of the Angier-Satterfield-Kreps house,) and F. Emerson Tucker is noted as manager of the Tucker Motor Company.

The business was demolished in 1967 for the Durham Freeway.

Add new comment