This two-story, hip-roofed duplex is four bays wide and double-pile with a one-story, shed-roofed rear ell with a porch. The house has a stuccoed brick foundation, wide weatherboards on the first floor, narrow wood weatherboards on the second floor, and two interior brick chimneys, likely re-constructed in the 1950s. It has vinyl siding and windows on the west elevation. Windows on the first floor are four-over-one and five-over-one, double-hung windows on the façade and six-over-six, double-hung wood sash windows on the east elevation; second floor windows are four-over-one, double-hung Craftsman-style windows. An original single-pane-over-single-panel door remains on the façade. The one-story, hip-roofed front porch is supported by Ionic wood posts with Composite capitols on painted brick piers. It has a metal railing between the piers and a tongue-and-groove floor on a block foundation. There is a concrete and wood retaining wall that extends across the front of the property. According to a resident of the house it was constructed as a single-family home, but appears to have been converted to a duplex by 1930. The earliest known occupants are Josephine Alston and Robert Tyler (bricklayer) in 1930.