This one-story, side-gabled bungalow is three bays wide and triple-pile with a full-width rear gable that projects above the ridgeline. The house has a brick foundation, wood weatherboards, two interior brick chimneys, and an exterior brick chimney on the east elevation. The house retains a wood four-light-over-fourpanel front door and six-over-one, double-hung wood sash windows. Craftsman-style features include decorative four-light windows flanking the exterior chimney, a six-light window centered in the porch gable, and knee braces in the gables. A front-gabled porch on the right end of the facade is supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers. It is accessed by a brick stair with brick knee walls and has aluminum awnings. A low stone retaining wall extends along the front and east sides of the property with a concrete stair leading to the house. The earliest known occupant is Leona Tilley (clerk, Erwin Mills) in 1930; county tax records date the building to 1930.
Submitted by Keith Bowden on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 5:49pm