This one-story, side-gabled Minimal Traditional house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a projecting front-gabled bay on the left end of the facade. The house has a painted brick foundation, asphalt siding, an interior brick chimney, and an exterior brick chimney on the west elevation. It retains six-over-six, double-hung wood sash windows, a six-light-over-two-panel wood door, and louvered wood vents in the side gables. The shed-roofed porch is supported by tapered wood columns and has a concrete slab floor, wood railing, and terra cotta-tiled steps. County tax records date the building to 1945; the earliest known occupant is David J. James (blacksmith) in 1950.