This one-story, side-gabled Minimal Traditional house is three bays wide and double-pile with a front-gabled entrance bay projecting slightly from the right end of the façade. The house has a continuous brick foundation and veneer, six-over-six, double-hung wood sash windows, and an exterior brick chimney in the east gable end. There is wood siding and a louvered vent in each gable end. The replacement front door is sheltered by an aluminum awning; the porch has a brick foundation, concrete slab floor and stair, and metal railings. There is a full-width gables rear ell and a flat-roofed bay projecting from the east elevation a brick veneer and high, sliding windows. A second flat-roofed addition exists across the rear of the house. A low stone retaining wall with brick stair extends across the front of the property and along the driveway where it has been covered with stucco. County tax records date the building to 1946; the earliest known occupant is James R. Henry (clerk, N C Mutual Life Insurance Company) in 1950.