This one-story, gable-and-wing house is two-bays wide and triple pile with a gabled rear addition. The main roof has been extended on the rear right side to accommodate the enclosure of the space behind the wing. The house rests on a stuccoed brick foundation and has a corbelled brick chimney at the intersection of the gable and wing. It retains original molded wood weatherboards and trim, including boxed eaves and cornice returns. The hip- roofed front porch roof is supported by tapered wood posts and retains its original railing. Windows have been replaced and the front door is a modern replacement. The first known occupant was Numa R. West (carpenter) and Miss Lelia West who relocated to 502 Buchanan by 1907. L. A. Harward (salesman, Christian & Harward) and L. Allie Harward (clerk) are listed in the house in 1907.