(Below in italics is from the 2009 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, gable-and-wing house is two-bays wide and triple pile with a gabled rear addition. The main roof has been extended on the rear right side to accommodate the enclosure of the space behind the wing. The house rests on a stuccoed brick foundation and has a corbelled brick chimney at the intersection of the gable and wing. It retains original molded wood weatherboards and trim, including boxed eaves and cornice returns. The hiproofed front porch roof is supported by tapered wood posts and retains its original railing. Windows have been replaced and the front door is a modern replacement.
The first known occupants were Numa R. West (carpenter) and Miss Lelia West who relocated to 502 Buchanan by 1907. L. A. Harward (salesman, Christian & Harward) and L. Allie Harward (clerk) are listed in the house in 1907.