When this house was built at the turn of the century, the south end was one-and-one-half stories and the north end, with the projecting facade, was a single story; sometime after 1913 a full second story was added, converting the house to its present form. The house is rather austere, without any applied decoration. The porch, covered with raised seam tin, runs across the main facade and wraps around to the south elevation; it is supported by slightly tapered box posts on coursed ashlar plinths. The house was built in the first decade of this century. City directories reveal that it had a series of occupants from the late 1910s to at least the early 1930s, indicating that it may have been rental property, its status today, at an early date.