J. S. Eakes House – c. 1925
Text in italics from the Burch Avenue National Register Nomination; not verified for accuracy by this author.
This one-and-a-half story side-gabled bungalow is three-bays wide and triple pile with a shed-roofed bay extending from the right side and a shed-roofed addition at the right rear. There is a small gabled dormer on the rear elevation and a full-width front gable shelters the front porch and is supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers with granite caps. The house retains original molded wood weatherboards and moldings including knee braces in the gables. It has four-over-one Craftsman wood windows, paired on the second floor, and a four-light over three-panel front door. The lot slopes down to the rear exposing the full basement. The earliest known resident is J. S. Eakes (salesman, W.R. Murray Company) in 1925.
The house was renovated in 2010.