(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
General contractor R.D. Horner had this Foursquare constructed as his residence and office in 1924. Characteristic of its date of construction, the house is an eclectic design combining Colonial Revival details of gables and dentil work in the porch with typical bungalow features of box pylons on brick plinths and sawn decorative brackets in deep eaves. Horner and his family occupied the house until the early 1950s. Later the house was converted into apartments. In recent years, the house has been occupied by a new owner who has rehabilitated most of the house to one large unit while retaining a small apartment upstairs for rental.