The Dillard and Gamble livery stables and real estate company (business synergy !...?) was located on Rigsbee Avenue just to the north of the Big 4 auction warehouse. It was destroyed by the 1944 fire that also destroyed that warehouse. According to Charlotte Observer, July 9, 1944, "Other establishments burned to earth included the Central leaf redrying plant and the Dillard livery stables, where 12 cows and four horses burned to death."
July 9, 1944.