From the National Register of Historic Places: Burch Avenue Historic District
This one-story, front-gabled duplex is four-bays wide and triple pile. It has a hip-roofed front
porch supported by square replacement posts on a concrete slab with a replacement railing.
The house retains original wood weatherboards and a pair of four-light windows flanking a
louvered vent in the front gable. All other windows and the front doors are replacements. The
building is nearly identical in form and detail (including a matching gable window and vent)
to the house across the street at 1000-1002 Burch, indicating that they may have been
constructed by the same person. It does not appear on the 1937 Sanborn map; the earliest
known residents are Mrs. Coline R. Goodwin and Delmar H. Boyd (traveling salesman) with
his wife Helen H. in 1940.