From the National Register of Historic Places: Burch Avenue Historic District
This one-story, side-gabled duplex is four-bays wide and four pile with a full-width gable extending to the rear. The engaged, shed-roofed front porch has a low gable centered on the façade with a square louvered vent. It is supported by grouped, square posts with a replacement railing between them. The house retains original molded wood weatherboards and six-over-six wood windows throughout. Doors are hollow-core metal doors. The house does not appear on the 1937 Sanborn maps; the earliest known occupants are Roy J. and Elaine D. Harward, (suburban manager, Durham Herald Company) and Mrs. Annie L. Williams in 1940.