Watts Street Baptist Church, 1925
Watts Street Baptist Church was organized in 1923 to accomodate a growing Baptist community in north/west Durham that was somewhat far from First Baptist and Second/Temple Baptist.
The initial group raised funds for a sanctuary, which was built in the Gothic Revival style, using stone similar to that utilized for the wall constructed around now-East Campus.
Watts Street Baptist Church, 1950s.
(Courtesy The Herald-Sun Newspaper)
It remains an active congregation.
Watts Street Baptist, 10.03.09.
Find this spot on a Google Map.