(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Type B bungalow constructed 1926 with multiple, sometimes overlapping gables, notched brackets, and large tapered box posts on brick plinths. Seth Woodall Myatt had the house constructed within a year after J.B. Duke asked him to move from Canada, where he was working for the Duke-Price Power Company, to serve as purchasing agent in the acquisition of more than 7,500 acres for the new West Campus of Duke University. Upon completion of the real estate package, Mr. Myatt served as secretary-treasurer of the Duke Endowment until his retirement. The Myatts occupied the house until around 1970; two other parties have owned the property since then.