From the National Register Historic District description:
Typical of 1950s Ranch houses, this one-story, hip-roofed house is four bays wide and double- pile with a projecting, hip-roofed wing on the right (west) end of the façade, resulting in an L- shaped plan. The house has a brick veneer, deep eaves, and vinyl windows with rowlock sills throughout, including windows that extend all the way to the corner at the right end of the projecting front wing. An original solid wood door with three horizontal lights is located to the left of the projecting wing and is accessed by an uncovered concrete stoop with brick stair. A later garden window is located on the left (east) end of the façade. The left elevation features a second entrance with matching stoop and an exterior brick chimney. A basement level on the right elevation features a three-light-over-two-panel door and a vinyl overhead garage door, accessed from Duncan Street. Sliding patio doors on the left end of the rear elevation (southeast) are accessed by wood steps. County tax records date the house to 1955 and the earliest known occupants are William H. Cole Jr., Supervisor of Music for Durham County Schools, and his wife, Olivia W. Cole, clerk at NC Mutual Life Insurance Company, in 1960.