BISHOP (KILGO)'S HOUSE / FACULTY CLUB / INFIRMARY

/sites/default/files/images/2013_11/bishopshouse_1960s.jpg

BISHOP (KILGO)'S HOUSE / FACULTY CLUB / INFIRMARY

Durham
NC
Built in
1910
Architect/Designers: 
Construction type: 
Neighborhood: 

 

Built as a residence for Methodist Bishop and former Trinity College President John Kilgo, the Bishop's House later became a Faculty Club, and during the mid-20th century served as the infirmary. It currently serves as the center for Continuing Education at Duke.

 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

Last updated

  • Mon, 12/09/2013 - 8:26pm by gary

Location

United States
36° 0' 31.7736" N, 78° 54' 47.7936" W
US

Comments

Durham
NC
Built in
1910
Architect/Designers: 
Construction type: 
Neighborhood: 

 

Built as a residence for Methodist Bishop and former Trinity College President John Kilgo, the Bishop's House later became a Faculty Club, and during the mid-20th century served as the infirmary.

1960s (Duke Yearlook)

It currently serves as the center for Continuing Education at Duke.

Bishop's House, 07.22.10 (Photo by Gary Kueber)

Add new comment