Photograph taken by Cheri Szcondronski, National Historic Register Submission, January 2018
This one-story, hip-roofed Ranch house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a low-pitched roof with prowed eave at the front of the hip, deep eaves, and an interior brick chimney. A solid wood door with molding applied to create decorative panels is located in an inset bay centered on the façade. It has wide one-light-over-one-panel sidelights and is accessed by an uncovered brick terrace that extends across the right (northwest) two bays of the façade with a decorative metal railing. To the right of the entrance is a group of sixteen metal-framed awning windows, stacked in four columns of four windows each. The window on the left (southeast) end of the façade is a picture window flanked by paired awning windows. Windows on the side elevations are typically metal awning windows stacked three high. The right elevation features basement-level four-light wood-sash windows and an inset porch at the right rear (south) is enclosed with fixed windows over plywood sheathing. The earliest known occupant was Harold E. Johnson and his wife, Edith M. Johnson, a physical education teacher at Whitted Junior High School, in 1953.
County deed records show that Joseph S. Parker, Jr. and his wife, Loretha B. Parker sold the lot to Harold E. Johnson and his wife, Edith M. Johnson on August 20, 1953. Harold Johnson conveyed the property to his wife, Edith, on November 15, 1962. Mrs. Johnson lived in the house for many years, until her death, and was the physical education teacher to many of the children in College Heights.
On July 6, 2002, Ann M. Kelly, executrix of the Edith Johnson Estate, sold the property to Gladys R. Brown. Ms. Brown appointed Sheila Brown Hobgood as power of attorney on January 28, 2005. Ms. Hobgood maintained the residence until it was conveyed to FM Lending Services in August 2019.