03.08.2000 - Photo by survey volunteers for Historic Preservation Society of Durham (now Preservation Durham)
Part of the rapid development of this eastern edge of Trinity Park near South Ellerbe Creek in the years immediately after World War II, the first owner and occupant of this house appears to have been Donald Hess. Listed in 1947 and 1948 city directories as a student, he lived with wife Naomi M. Hess.
From at least 1960 the house belonged to Arthur J. Knight, Jr., and wife Hattie. According to county records, they sold the property in 1972.