(Below in italics is from the 2004 East Durham National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Pyramidal cottage with a front cross-gable, a side gabled wing, weatherboard, and 1-over-1 sash windows. The wraparound porch has stone Craftsman piers and replacement metal posts, and is enclosed as a room on the side. 1930 CD, 1937 SM.
NC Shed. Ca. 1960. Concrete block shed that has lost its roof.
The land for 2002 East Main Street (Formerly Reams Avenue, prior to East Durham's annexation in 1925), was purchased by Haywood Alvin Jones, Sr. and his wife Lela Jones in 1913 from Durham Land & Security Company. Haywood, or H.A. Jones, was a butcher and Co-Owner? of the Butcher Shop in City Market that existed where the Durham Armory now stands in downtown Durham. The Joneses only lived in the home for a few years before moving across the street to a large two-story victorian 101 N. Driver (now the parking lot for Shepherd's House), for the remainder of their lives. They rented the home in the 20s and 30s to a variety of tenants, including H.A.'s employee, Lonnie L. Davis. In 1944, H.A. and Lela sold the home to John T. Ellis and his wife Eulalia Ellis. In 1949, Zoe O Barbour had purchased the house. He and his wife Callie Davis resided there for a number of years, until around the time of their deaths in 1976 and 1980. After this, it becomes unclear, but it was purchased by Elaine Armstrong's relation (Sister, Aunt?), sometime around 1978-1981. Elaine took the house on around 2000, and Benjamin Filippo and Alison Rudel purchased the home in 2014. They are currently attempting to restore it to its' original looks as best as possible.
Any additional photographic evidence of the home prior to 2000, would be greatly appreciated!
Here it is after our renovations!