This one-story, side-gabled, Minimal Traditional-style house is four bays wide and double-pile with a projecting, front-gabled wing on the left (southwest) end of the façade. The house has aluminum siding, vinyl windows, and an exterior brick chimney on the left elevation. The front- gabled wing has two windows and a half-round louvered vent in the gable. A shed-roofed entrance bay to the right of the projecting wing has a replacement door and is accessed by an uncovered brick stoop. There is a gabled wing near the rear (west) of the left elevation with a patio in front of it that is enclosed with vinyl fencing. A wide, shed-roofed dormer and a shed- roofed wing span the rear elevation. The house appears on the 1937 Sanborn map and the earliest known occupants are Lawrence H. Knox, instructor at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University), and his wife, Hazel Knox, a school teacher, in 1940. Later occupants include Herman Riddick, the head football coach at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University), and his wife, Lola Riddick, a teacher at Hillside High School.