Photograph taken Heather Slane, National Register Historic District submission, January 18, 2018
This one-story, hip-roofed Ranch house is four bays wide and double-pile with a brick veneer and vinyl windows that wrap the corners of the façade, likely replacing metal-framed windows. The replacement door near the left (west) end of the façade is sheltered by a two-bay-wide, hip-roofed porch supported by square posts. The house has deep eaves, a wide fascia, and an interior brick chimney. County tax records date the house to 1955 and the earliest known occupant is Dr. Ruth N. Horry, a professor of French at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University) in 1960.
Contributing Structure – Carport, 1960s - Located northwest of the house, the front-gabled, frame carport is supported by brick piers on a brick knee wall. It has flush plywood in the front gable and an enclosed storage area at its rear is enclosed with vinyl siding.
Dr. Horry owned and lived in the house until 1989. On August 3, 1989, she sold the house to Jacqueline Pointer, who lived in the house until 2001. Ms. Pointer remains the owner of this property and it is a rental investment.