Italics from the 2005 National Register Nomination for Forest Hills; not verified for accuracy.
On a 2-acre homestead tract just south of Forestwood Road is a large frame bungalow with 3 early farm outbuildings. The 1 1⁄2-story side-gable house has a door with sidelights, weatherboard siding, 9-over-1 sash windows, and a wraparound shed porch with Craftsman posts. Other features are a large gabled dormer, exposed rafter tails, and interior and interior end chimneys. Summit Drive is not listed in the city directories until after 1960. Prior to this, the street was apparently named Cole Rd., and houses are not numbered. In 1958, Edgar W. Cole was owner-occupant of the house at 2123 Cole Rd., which is apparently this house.
This small farmstead is included in the Forest Hills Historic District as the only surviving example of the land use that preceded the development of the subdivision. [1947, 1958 CD]
Smokehouse. Ca. 1925. Front-gable, weatherboarded building with exposed rafter tails, set behind the house.
Shed. Ca. 1925. Front-gable shed with wide batten doors and board- and-batten siding.
Barn. Ca. 1925. 1-story front-gable barn with flanking shed wings and board-and-batten siding. The left shed is open storage.
Garage. Ca. 2000. 1 1⁄2-story front-gable 2-car garage with living space in the upper level. Stained weatherboard siding.