(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Built early 1930s, one of several two-story frame Period Houses in this block with certain features in common – including basic forms and proportions, materials, trim, box posts with match stick railings supporting full-facade porches, and exterior end· chimneys with corbelled stacks – which suggest that they were all built by a single speculative contractor. In 1928, area developer F.M. Tilley sold this lot and others on W. Markham to University Home Builders, which apparently constructed this house and 910 W. Markham. It is distinguished by its gable front, lunette attic vent, wall dormers on the side elevations, and porch. All of these houses in the 900 block of. W. Markham Ave., as well as some of the bungalows, were bought in the 1930s by C.T. Council for rental housing.