3609 Exeter Way, ca.1958, Contributing Building
Low-slung, hip-roofed, one-story, brick Ranch house with wide interior brick chimney; windows are later replacement. City directories show that Ernest and Marie Hunter were the first owners; Ernest Hunter Jr. was an assistant treasurer at the Durham Hosiery Mill. Hubert and Betty Teer bought the house in 1959. Hubert O. Teer Jr. was part of Durham’s prominent Teer family and was an officer in three businesses: the Heavy Duty Distributing Corporation, the Lovette Electric Construction Company, and Customer Charge Service Inc. Later owners were the Gantt family followed by Sally and Jack Markham.