SAUL EDELBAUM (1908-2003)
Born in Danzig, Poland, Edelbaum attended the College of the City of NY from 1926-1928, followed by a 1933 graduation in Architecture from Yale. He worked for Harvey Stevenson and Dear Evans Moore & Woodbridge. He formed Edelbaum/Webster Architects with Ida B. Webster in 1947, one of architecture's earliest male/female partnerships who were not married to each other.
In addition to commercial projects, the firm became the preferred choice for many prominent southern Jewish families seeking Modernist houses. In 1980 it merged with Weiss and Whelan to form Weiss Whelan Edelbaum and Webster. In the mid-1990's, the firm broke up and Edelbaum practiced briefly with partner Giorgio Cavaglieri until 2001. He retired and moved to Meadow Lakes, in Hightstown NJ.