Englewood Avenue

In 1915, John Sprunt Hill's bank, the Durham Loan and Trust Company, subdivided a tract known as "Englewood" to the south of West Club Boulevard, extending from Ninth Street to Alabama Avenue. Englewood was designed to link with the previous subdivision along West Club, Club Acres, with Carolina Avenue and Virginia Avenue extending through to Club Boulevard. The 198 lots are considerably smaller than those on West Club, averaging 50 x 50 feet in size, and the intersecting streets of Edith, Virgie, Hale, Rosehill, and Oakland break up the south side of Englewood Avenue into smaller blocks than those on Club Boulevard. Sales of these lots began in 1913 as well, with no restrictive covenants appearing in the deeds.

/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2016Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:45am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2014Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:42am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2012Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:39am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2010Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:37am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2008Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:35am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2006Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:29am
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2014_5/2004Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 9:27am
By: gary
Added: Fri, 01/31/2014 - 9:16pm
By: VF
/sites/default/files/images/2013_10/922Englewood.jpg
Added: Fri, 10/04/2013 - 1:46pm
By: gary
/sites/default/files/images/2013_10/923Englewood.jpg
Added: Thu, 10/03/2013 - 2:33pm
By: gary