Englewood Avenue

In 1915, John Sprunt Hill's bank, the Durham Loan and Trust Company, subdivided a tract known as "Englewood" to the south of West Club Boulevard, extending from Ninth Street to Alabama Avenue. Englewood was designed to link with the previous subdivision along West Club, Club Acres, with Carolina Avenue and Virginia Avenue extending through to Club Boulevard. The 198 lots are considerably smaller than those on West Club, averaging 50 x 50 feet in size, and the intersecting streets of Edith, Virgie, Hale, Rosehill, and Oakland break up the south side of Englewood Avenue into smaller blocks than those on Club Boulevard. Sales of these lots began in 1913 as well, with no restrictive covenants appearing in the deeds.

907Englewood_1860750_01.jpg
Added: Sat, 11/03/2012 - 3:33pm
By: gary
broadandenglewood_1960s.jpg
Added: Sun, 08/19/2012 - 4:23pm
By: gary
frizzelle_1941_web.jpg
Added: Wed, 08/08/2012 - 10:17am
2513Englewood_103777.JPG
Added: Sat, 07/28/2012 - 3:28pm
By: gary
1100.jpg
Added: Wed, 07/18/2012 - 9:41pm
1401Watts_2006.jpg
1401 WATTS ST. (building)
Added: Wed, 05/23/2012 - 9:26am
2120Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 03/24/2012 - 1:19pm
By: gary
1014Englewood.jpg
Added: Sat, 03/24/2012 - 9:28am
By: gary
2041Englewood_103011.jpg
Added: Mon, 11/21/2011 - 10:53pm
By: gary
2040Englewood_103011.jpg
Added: Mon, 11/21/2011 - 10:52pm
By: gary